EYF Work Exchange program
There is a limited possibility to receive a half or full discount on the festival price (on the normal camping price, not on the cost for rooms) by doing Work Exchange. These jobs often start already a day before the festival starts. Please go to Staff registration on your first day. Work Exchange Jobs are more time consuming than the normal Karma Yoga of the festival. You will probably miss a part of the program. However by your selfless action the effect of the festival will be the same for you (or even more intensive). Work Exchange jobs bring much responsibility towards the festival and carry a beautiful group consciousness.
How to apply for Work Exchange?
Step 1: Register as early as possbile online. See Registration online.
Step 2: Contact one of the area coordinators for the type of work exchange that you are interested in (see below). If there is still work exchange available in that area and you are accepted, the area coordinator will send you a STAFF form.
Step 3: Fill in the STAFF form and return it to the area coordinator, who will forward it to the Yoga Festival Office.
Step 4: Start your work exchange according to the necessities of the area (see below). Please note, if you do not start your work exchange as it was agreed upon, your area coordinator will cancel your work exchange and you won't be getting the refund for it.
Step 5: Please do the final registration that will give you a badge (without a badge you cannot do the White Tantric Yoga) as early as possible.
Jobs and contact information
- Childrens Camp
Contact Sachras Singh & Kaur (before July 5)
- First Aid
Contact Hari Har Singh
Contact Fateh Singh
- Food Coordination
- Hospitality and Hospitality Driving
Nam Hari Kaur
- Information Booth
Contact Jap Jeet Singh
Contact Pavanjeet Kaur & Rajbir Singh
- Missel Leaders
Contact Anja Escherich more
Contact Sat Dharm Singh
- Room Registration
Contact Seva Kaur
Siri Hari Singh
- Set-up and Break-down
Contact Jerome Shankar
- Seva Area
Contact Kartar Singh
- Teens Camp
Contact Gur Suraj Singh Khalsa
- Toddler Camp
Contact Gururavi Kaur
Description of some areas
Missel Leader (Several persons are needed)This job is for persons who have already been to the Yoga Festival at least once and participated in a missel group and at least in one seva activity. Missel leaders should be friendly, positive and have an inspiring attitude towards seva. They should be flexible and have some organizations skills. There are 10 different missel areas. The missel leader will obtain a seva description which contains all the required information. During the festival there will be a missel leader meeting once a day during dinner for missel group feedback and for sharing the experience of being a missel leader. It is also a time for passing on important festival information, i.e. change of timetable, activities, etc… Missel leaders need to arrive at the festival one day earlier for a general orientation and meeting with all the missel leaders.
Registration (Several persons needed)
This entails registering persons on site at the Yoga Festival. Most of the work is at the beginning of the festival with some work during. Registration is closed during classes and during tantric. For this job we require that you have previously attended the Yoga Festival at least one time. We need persons who are friendly, good at organization, paperwork and handling money. You will need to come to a training meeting on the day before the festival starts at 11:00 am.
Job Description: The Security Guard at Yoga Festival is in Charge of the first point of communication and for all areas of security, such as:
- Welcoming visitors
- Giving out information, rules and law
- Giving park ( and ride) instruction checking and controlling
- Registration badges, parking permits
- Parking area
- Camping area
- Bazaar area
- Make sure people follow the rules
The security may also take action in emergency situation such as accidents, illness, safety hazards or other unusual situations. The main responsibility is to observe and report. As a Gate or Walking Patrol you will check the tents, houses and cars and keep aware of unauthorized individuals in all areas, day and night. The guards keep radio contact with each other.
Required Abilities: You should be minimun 21 years or older, able to speak FLUENT ENGLISH, good in non-violent communication, physical and mental healthy. On one side you need to be friendly, calm, open and intuitive and on the other hand you have to be self confident, direct, clear, and strict. The challenge of doing security at Y.F. is to be focused all the time, even if you just finished tantra, yoga exercises or meditation. Please notice that these jobs are NOT FOR FIRST VISITORS!!!
Dayshifts - 4 hours - Half Discount
Nightshifts - 4 hours - Full Discount
Security Team Meeting: one day before start
More information: Job Descript., Preliminary
Is an integral part of the Yoga Festival and offering care and support to our future Yogi's is an incredible honor! All workers in the Children's Camp need to have a love for children, patience, flexibility, creativity and team work skills. It's also important to be an excellent communicator, calm, reliable, punctual and trustworthy. We require all Children's Camp staff to be willing and able to stay at the Yoga Festival for the entire week as well as be a part of pre-festival communications that are imperative for good organization. Every staff member will be provided with a handbook and other tools to prepare, and we also will have a staff orientation the first day of the festival. Attendance at orientation and daily staff meetings is essential.
All positions are either Full-Time or Part-Time, with 1 day of White Tantra to be spent off-site with the children. We also ask that all staff help with Children's Camp set up at the beginning of the festival and shut down at the end, regardless of schedule. Full-Time staff receive a 100% scholarship and generally work from 9:15- 16:15 during the festival, plus 1 full day of White Tantra (8:30-17:30 roughly). Part-Time staff receive a 50% scholarship and generally work from either 9:15- 13:15 or 13:00- 17:00. Staff who do a substantial amount of work before the festival will have the opportunity to have a reduced schedule during the festival (to be discussed).
Children's Camp will be offering the following positions:
- Assistant Coordinator: Pre-Teens ( 1 Full-Time or 2 Part-Time)
- Objective: Your task will be to manage the 'Pre-Teen' camp with support from the Children's Camp Coordinator.
- Requirements: We ask that you have an intermediate level of English/ B2 and are fluent/ C2 in other Yoga Festival language(s). We also ask that can dedicate time before the festival for planning and coordination between other Children's Camp leadership and your staff.
- Group Leader (Full-Time)- 8 positions Available
- Objective: Your task will be to take care of a small group of assistant leaders, to offer support for activity planning, organization and troubleshooting issues as they arise. A key part of this role is to ensure your language/age group has what it needs to offer a great experience for both the children and assistant leaders.
- Requirements: We ask that our group leaders speak English at an intermediate/ B2 level and are fluent/ C2 in the language of their group. In addition, we ask that our group leaders make themselves available before the festival for planning and organization.
- Group Assistant Leaders (Full-Time or Part-Time)
- Objective: Your tasks will be to take care of the children, our campers, by incorporating Kundalini yoga principles into fun and innovative activities for children. A key part of this role is to be fully present with the children and providing them with a safe place to explore and play.
- Requirements: We ask that our group assistant leaders are fluent or at a C2 level in the language of the group. Group Assistant Leaders should be age 20 or older, as to ensure that our Assistant Leaders are not glorified campers. Also, we ask that assistant leaders come prepared with ideas and communicate with their fellow assistant leaders and group leader before the festival.
- Special Project Leaders (Full-Time or Part-Time)
- Objective: Depending on your special project, your tasks will vary, however the overall idea is to provide organizational support to the Assistant Coordinator in a variety of areas. This position is in conjunction with working in a language group, so ideally you will split your time between this role and also working directly with the children. The following is a list of special project roles for 2016:
- Meals Assistant (1 Full-Time or 2 Part-Time): Will assist in coordination of morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack. Will work directly with Children's Camp Kitchen manager and utilize Seva for meal prep and serving.
- Supplies Assistant (1 Full-Time or 2 Part-Time): Will assist in managing supply stock for Children's Camp, collecting supply request from groups and working directly with Supply Manager on orders/ unpacking materials as they come in. Will also take care of Children's Camp inventory.
- Seva Assistant (1 Full-Time or 2 Part-Time): Will take care of our daily Seva volunteers and place them in the appropriate groups. Will work directly with registration to manage Seva list and ensure Seva are well integrated into Children's Camp.
- Field Trip Assistant (Need 12- 4 per day/ 2 per field trip site): Will act as the staff leader for each field trip site during White Tantra. Will ensure that each bus has a leader, account for supplies needed and all other tasks associated with the field trip. There will be 2 Field Trip Assistant's for each site. In the past, we have gone to the zoo, water park and a recreation park.
- Requirements: Intermediate Level of English/ B2 in order to effectively communicate with the Assistant Coordinator. The ability to problem solve, work independently, to be patient, mentally strong and innovative. These roles are integral to ensuring Children's Camp runs smoothly and your work is highly valued. You will also receive special training and support to help you in this role.
Services (There are only a few persons needed for the different areas under “Services”)
One job is needed for someone strong to help with receiving people and help them to transport their luggage. You will be needed on Sunday afternoon, Monday and Tuesday (the first day of the Festival). On the last day of the Festival you will also be requested for the same job. For the rest of the Yoga Festival you will be free. You will have to arrive at the Festival on Sunday before noon.
Second opening is for a half discount for maintenance/handy man’s work. You will need some skills with construction. You need to be available during the whole Festival to solve any last-minute problems.
The third opening is for a half discount as a buyer. You will need to speak French, have a drivers licence and be willing to do all kind of shopping in the nearby towns during the whole Festival.
Seva Registration (Three persons are needed for this area)
This job entails registering persons for seva work at the Yoga Festival. Most of the work is at the beginning of the festival with some work during. Registration is closed during classes and during tantric. For this job we require that you have previously attended the Yoga Festival at least one time. We need persons who are friendly, good at organization and paperwork, and speak English.
Kitchen First of all, working in the kitchen is a wonderful blessing and an experience worth having. You are heartily invited to come and join our team.There are some requirements. Providing food for more than 1500 people can only go smooth if you like to work in a team. And teamwork needs reliability and punctuality. The work in the kitchen is separated in different shifts such as breakfast, chopping coordination, dinner, tea and clean up (and Tantric burgers during Tantric days). All groups are sharing the same place and tools so we -including you- need to be on time to keep track with the festival schedule and this way we can all be connected by staying relaxed and sharing the same laughs as well. The kitchen is a physically challenging place as we are working with hot and heavy pots and inside the kitchen it is hot as well. You should feel up to the task.Here are some further information and facts:- Discounts are available on 2, 4 and 8 hours of work per day giving 25%, 50% and 100% off the membership price (Full discount is for newcomers ONLY under special circumstances).- Participation in White Tantric Yoga is possible for all kitchen staff (if you are, however, not going to take part in White Tantric then there will be an extra half discount available for kitchen work during tantra).- All kitchen staff is required to arrive at the evening of the day before the start of the festival - Application for work exchanges starts from 1st of May.